Derek Hansen provides a comprehensive overview on the theory and methodology of Strength and Conditioning. The series is geared towards young aspiring strength coaches who want to learn more about the key training elements and their application to high performance athletes. The series is spread over numerous sessions and covers all of the practical aspects of speed, strength, power and endurance training.
In these 9 part videos of instruction, you will learn:
- Part 1: Introduction of Strength and Conditioning Concepts and sets the stage for the Internship series.
- Part 2: Training elements involved in the field of Strength and Conditioning (i.e. speed, strength, power, work capacity, etc.) and presents different classifications of exercises.
- Part 3: Examines the concept of motor unit recruitment and its role in exercise selection for different sports and athletes.
- Part 4: Resistance Training Theory, Reps, Sets, Intensity and Recovery and Sport Assessment
- Part 5: Assessing the Training Requirements of a Sport, and Introducing Planning Concepts for Strength Training
- Part 6: Specific vs Non-Specific Weightlifting
- Part 7: Effective Adapatation Periods and Implications for Program Planning.
- Part 8: Scheduling Weekly Strength Training – Detailed Microcycle Planning, and Identifying Speed Requirements and Training Elements for Sport
- Part 9: Developing a Speed Training Progression for Team Sports, and Starting Methods for Speed Training Applications
In total, it 15 hours of instructional video by Derek Hansen.
"Derek Hansen provides the best approach for athlete speed-strength conditioning in Western Canada. Not only was he they instrumental in getting me to the 2006 Winter Olympics, but he will also play a big role in putting me on the podium for 2010!"
Steve Larsen – 2006 Winter Olympian – Four-Man Bobsleigh.
"Derek Hansen is one of a few coaches who understands the science of high-performance training. He has the remarkable ability to bring out peak performances in all of the athletes that he coaches. Never have I had a coach who is as diligent and committed to his athletes’ development as Derek. I owe the resurrection of my career to his efforts."
Nathan Taylor – 2006 Commonwealth Games Bronze Medalist – 4×100m Relay.
Videos: 9 parts
Total length: approx. 15 hours
Resolution: 640×360 format. Tested on Windows PCs, Mac OS, and iPod/iTouch/iPads and Android devices.
$399 $299 USD. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover and Paypal.
Please note this is a digital download. No physical product will be shipped. Buying more than 1 video?
IMPORTANT Instructions for PayPal Users: After the payment is completed, please click on "Return to StrengthPowerSpeed.com" to complete the registration page. When creating a Username, the letters are case sensitive (i.e. "John316" is different than "john316").
If you have and questions about the video or your order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For Instant Access:
If you have already purchased this product, click here to go directly to the videos.
Photo credits: Nathan Cunningham