Here is your chance to see one of the world’s best presentations on the topic of Strength and Conditioning for high performance athletes.
Al Vermeil is the only strength coach to have World Championship rings from BOTH the NFL and the NBA. He is also the only strength coach who has been in the NFL, NBA and Major League Baseball. Al was honored by being one of the initial inductees to the Strength Coaches Hall of Fame in June 2003.
His knowledge and implementation of new techniques and training methods have made Vermeil’s programs highly visible and respected throughout the sports world. He has developed successful training programs in a wide variety of sports including football, basketball, baseball and golf.
Imagine spending over 10 hours with Al Vermeil in a classroom environment. This rare footage has never been released to the public.
Key topics to be covered:
- The Union of Common Sense and Science: The Benefits of Scientific Rationale When Selecting Training and Exercise Methods
- Incorporating New School Methods of Testing, Evaluating, and Injury Prevention into a Group Training Setting
- Program Planning: The Development and Application of a Program for All Sports
- Integrating the Five Components of Training:
– Work capacity
– Explosive power
– Plyometric training
– Team sport speed
- Bonus material: Making Olympic lifting easy
- Plus, a special emphasis on training for football, basketball and other sports, including preseason and in-season training. Remember, there is no off-season anymore.
There are hundreds of fly-by-night Strength and Conditioning “Internet gurus” out there who claim this and that.
But a real coach is measured by his results.
Who is Al Vermeil?
Al Vermeil is more than World Championship rings from BOTH the Chicago Bulls and San Francisco 49’ers…
Al Vermeil is President of Vermeil Sports and Fitness, Inc. VSF is currently training players of the World Champion Chicago Bulls, as well as select athletes. VSF has also consulted with the US Army Rangers Fort Benning Ga., Boston College, Mike Boyle Strength & Conditioning, San Francisco Giants, University of Alabama, University of Iowa Basketball, University of Miami (FL) Basketball, Stanford University Sports Medicine, Texas A & M Football, University of Kansas Basketball, Kansas State University, Los Angeles Lakers, Atlanta Falcons, Denver Broncos, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, St. Louis Rams, Chicago White Sox, The Academy of Golf at Lakeway, Nicklaus Academy of Golf, Golf Digest School, teaching golf professionals Chuck Cook, John Elliott, Mike Malaska, and Mark Woods who are both recognized in that select group of top 100 teaching pros as chosen by both Golf Digest and Golf magazine.
Al Vermeil was an outstanding collegiate football player at Utah State University. In 1969, when college football celebrated it’s first l00 years, Al was selected to Utah State’s All Time Team. Mr.Vermeil also established himself as a very successful high school football coach before joining the San Francisco 49’ers in l979 as the strength and conditioning coach. His programs made major contributions to the team’s winning of the l982 Super Bowl Championship.
Al is often the featured speaker at many coaching clinics including the National Strength and Conditioning Association, National Athletic Trainer’s Association, Italian National Basketball Clinic in Rome, Italy, Greek National Basketball Clinic in Athens, Greece and The Mayo Clinic. He has written numerous articles for major publications including Golf Digest, The National Strength Coach Journal, Muscle and Fitness, and Conditioning Association Journal, as well as several conditioning manuals.
Who is this course for?
This course is suited for students, clinicians, private trainers, Strength & Conditioning coaches of all levels, including Professional sports teams.
WARNING: There is a LOT of material covered in this course, and we mean a LOT!. Attendees who were present in the seminar left exhausted from information overload.
By purchasing these videos, you can learn at your own pace and go back to material for review.
You can watch them anytime online 7/24/365, both computer and mobile device. You can also download the videos for both computer and mobile device.
This complete course is
$399 $299 SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY SALE PRICE.
NOTE: This course is only available on-line, but may be offered as DVDs at a later date. No physical product will be shipped.
Recorded: 2004 at SFU, BC
Videos: 7 parts
Total length: Over 10 hours in runtime
Resolution: Standard Def 640×480 format, plus a Mobile Def version of 424×320. Tested on Windows PCs, Mac OS, and iPod/iTouch.
- Introduction and Acknowledgments
- Components of Training
- Adaptation and Specificity
- Vitori’s Speed Continuum
- Group Evaluation and Testing
- Types of Stability and their application
- Differentiating between high and low load
- Demonstration of stability exercises
- Practical demonstrations in the gym
- Assessing knee joint control
- Progressions in the Olympic lifts
- Jumps and bounds
- Change of direction drills
- Flexibility testing
- Exercise specific problems and solutions
- Key areas to focus on with different stages of athlete development
- Mach running drills
- Considerations and variables in the planning of training
- Muscle fibre typing and percentages of 1RM
- Work capacity development methods
- Role of strength in sprinting distances
- Training considerations for specific athlete characteristics
- Discussion of training the young athlete
- Windows of opportunity in training
- Speed application in team sports
- Analyzing acceleration curves
- Errors in running technique
$399 $299 (USD) SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY SALE PRICE. We accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover and Paypal.
Please note this is a digital download. No physical product will be shipped. Buying more than 1 video?
IMPORTANT Instructions for PayPal Users: After the payment is completed, please click on “Return to StrengthPowerSpeed.com” to complete the registration page. When creating a Username, the letters are case sensitive (i.e. “John316” is different than “john316”).
If you have and questions about the video or your order, please contact [email protected]
For Instant Access:
If you have already purchased this product, click here to go directly to the videos.